Sunday, September 27, 2009

More Autumn Splendor Samples....

Sorry I've been absent for so long! We have started some home renovations and it has taken all my spare time. Yes, that's paint under my fingernails. But the results will be worth it! So I'm back for today, but if you miss me again, just know that I'm working and WILL return!

I just have to show you more cards made using the Autumn Splendor set. Did I say this is one of my new favorites? I think I did. I just love fall and this set is perfect for cards in the fall. Last time I showed you a monocromatic card using vanilla embossed leaves on More Mustard cardstock. For this card, I sponged on some color first onto Vanilla CS and then embossed the leaves on it--so that you see several colors in the background. I love this effect, don't you? Quick and easy and adds color. For this next card, I sponged on the color first (just like in the card above) but this time I embossed the leaves with clear embossing powder. Then I brayered Soft Suede ink over the card to cover all the colors except what was under the embossed leaves. I love this effect!! You might notice in this card (above) that I also punched out ever larger semi-circles in the layers before tying on the ribbon. That is another way to highlight the layer colors.
I wondered how the card would look if I did not completely cover the background colors, so for this card, I sponged the Soft Suede color, rather than brayering it on. This lets the colors show through a bit and again, I love this effect! I tied the two colors of ribbons to each other, which give it alittle different look.

I hope you like these ways to use this wonderful set. What fun I had making these cards!! Thanks for visiting! Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.