Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Celebrating Dillon's 12th birthday...

I wanted to share a picture of grandson Dillon as we celebrated his 12th birthday this weekend. (This was before we lit the candles.)  Isn't he a nice looking young man!! He looks alot older than 12!  He's gotten so tall--I think he's about 5'5" now.  I'm so very proud of him and just had to post his picture. 
We had a good time with the grandchildren---like we always do!!  I'm so glad they live close enough to come visit us.

Now, let's see a card sample.
This sample uses the little stampset, Cheers to You, for the main image.  To get the glasses to shine like real champaign, I unscrewed the top on my new Smooch Spritz Gold Glow and poured alittle into a small paint pot and used my aqua painter to paint the "liquid" in the glass.  I love how it shines. 

I wanted something to go at the top and bottom of the oval, so I punched out corners with my scallop trim corner, cut it to fit behind my oval and look, it made a great top and bottom of the oval.  I like this effect.

My customers have been wanting to do a card using vellum, so we are making this one (below) in our May class.  I ran the vellum through my Finial Press embossing folder to make this background.  I used the retiring Bordering Blue CS for this card.  I used a card by Sandi MacIver as my inspiration.  Thanks, Sandi!! Again, I colored the "champagne" with the Gold Glow Smooch Spritz.  I know, I know, you are supposed to spray with it, but I love painting with it. 
I also painted the flowers in Best Wishes (from Ovals All set) with the gold.  I used the Scallop Trim Corner and Border punches on this card, too. 

Thanks for visiting today!!  Have a wonderful day!  Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.