Thursday, June 3, 2010

Chalkboard technique....

Have you heard of the chalkboard technique?  I've been hearing quite a bit about it and the Black Magic technique, so I've looked it up (the how-to's) and decided to make a chalkboard sample to show you today.  Maybe I'll make a Black Magic one later. 
Anyway, for this sample, you stamp your image on black or very dark CS using white craft ink.  Before it dries, you color it with a sponge applicator (like an eye makeup applicator or a Q-tip) using your SU chalks.  You do not RUB it into the black paper but rather dab it on lightly.  Try not to get it all over your black CS.  Blow off any stray chalk that gets scattered around.  After you are finished and it dries, you can take a tissue and LIGHTLY rub over it to remove any stray chalk. No need to set this chalk as the white craft ink holds it on.   I used the butterfly  (All a Flutter) stamp from the Summer Mini.  It's very delicate.  For the card itself, I used Pumpkin Pie and Summer Sun cardstock.  My card is not complicated, but at least you will know how to do the Chalkboard technique! 

Come visit again soon!! Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

  1. You did a marvelous job with this chalk technique! I love the colors you used and the butterflies are perfect for this. Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.