Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tucked Ribbon...

Today I thought I'd share with you another card we are making in my June classes.  This one has a little tucked ribbon on it.  I have mentioned before how many times the local post office has me add postage to cards I'm mailing because of the "thickness" of the card--my ribbon on cards!!  Well, the satin ribbon SU sells isn't as bulky as the grosgrain ribbon.  And in this case, tucking it is a neat, different way to add ribbon to a sample.  It takes abotu 12" of ribbon to make this tuck.
This quote is from the new Summer Mini in the Favorite Thought stamp set.  The cup is from the Pun Fun set.  And the background paper is from the Tea Party DSP which will be retiring June 30.  I love this beautiful paper.  I decided to leave the ends of the ribbon sticking out, rather than gluing it under the DSP.

This next sample uses the paper that is in the Sweet Pea Paper pack that was in the Occasions mini.  It's beautiful paper!  The birthday stamp is from Bitty Birthday set.
 
Well, thanks for visiting my blog today.  More later.....  Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.