Monday, July 26, 2010

Yes, a retired stamp....

I know, I know, I should not use a retired stamp to show you today, but I just recently purchased the retired Riot of Petals stamp and have enjoyed playing with it. Here is a card I made for my step-mother for her birthday. I embossed the stamp with white embossing powder on white cardstock. Then I used sponge daubers to apply color to the flowers and leaves. I used Daffodil Dellight and Pumpkin Pie on the flowers, Certainly Celery on the leaves and Bashful Blue for the sky.
I stamped the words from the current stamp set Heard from the Heart in Pumpkin on Daffodil CS. I cut it freehand to look like a ribbon and smudged color along the edges to make them stand out.
Here is a close up of the flower. I think this will make a nice birthday card! I have more samples I made using this stamp and will be sharing those in the next few days.
Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

  1. This is stunning! I love the beautiful colors you used. This is a really beautiful stamp and you created a gorgeous card with it. Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.