Friday, September 3, 2010

Hoot, Hoot!!

Have I told you how much I love the little owl punch? I think I have and you've seen him already on several cards, but in case you missed it, you MUST get the owl punch if you don't have it. Here is a card I made for my friend Vicky's birthday. That little owl is telling her Happy Birthday (it was yesterday). The designer paper used on the background and the owl's vest is Celebrations--perfect for a birthday card! I cut the parenthesis with the Round Tab punch. That's a very versatile punch! I cut the letters using Naturally Serif die on the Big Shot.

This next little fellow is very simple, but he makes a great card for a man or child. I used the Island Oasis designer paper that retired yesterday. I hated to see it go because it had so many colors in it to go with lots of cardstock colors.
This wording stamp, "Hello, you" is a new one this year that I'm finding I use alot. There are two stamps in the set (named Hello, you). The other ones says "sweet friend". I can think of alot of uses for this set.
Here is a closeup of the owl. I don't usually, but this time I added a beak to him. I thought it was a nice touch, since the card is simple.
Thanks for visiting my blog!! Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.