Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ornament Acorn....

I made this card recently with a birthday sentiment and liked it so much I revised one of my October classes to include it.  Isnt' he a cute fellow. France Martin showed how to make him on her blog and wanted to try it myself.  The acorn is made using Crumb Cake punched with the Ornament Punch.  The cap and stem are  made using the large oval punch punched from Soft Suede.  I ran the cap through the Square Lattice embossing folder to give it some interest.  I used the small oval punch and Early Espresso CS for his mouth.  And I cut the little fellow some bangs from Soft Suede.

The card itself is Soft Suede and layered with Crumb Cake that I've run through the Square Lattice embossing folder.  The sentiment is from Seasonal Sentiments set in the Holiday Mini. 

I stamped the leaves behind the acorn in Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive and Daffodil Delight using a leaf in the Day of Gratitude set (also in the Holiday mini).  I colored his cheeks with a finger dauber using Regal Rose ink and put a white dot in each using the White Gel Pen.  His eyes are black brads and his nose is a GLimmer brad in Old Olive.  I would never have purchased these cute glimmer brads but Stampin' Up! gave each attendee at Regional a pack of them.  Isn't SU the nicest!  I used them on this acorn fellow and today ordered the Glimmer Brads in all the colors they come in.  I LOVE them!!

I hope he's inspired you!! Thanks for stopping by today.  Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.