Saturday, February 5, 2011

Valentine Dragon...

I hate to share a card before we've made it in class, but I've shared this little fellow on the Stampin' Up! Stampers Connection and so decided to go ahead and post him here.  This little fellow will be my grandson Dillon's Valentine.  I saw a dragon last year on a card made by Kimberly McDaniel (different colors) and thought he was so cute.  I have a customer who has been asking for us to make a dragon, so I decided to try my hand at him for Dillon's card.  Isn't he the cutest!
                                      
 I used Cherry Cobbler for the card itself and designer paper from the Patterns Paper Stack in Subtles for the background.
Here is a close-up of his head and below are the punches used:
Head:  1-3/4" circle
Snout:  Wide Oval
Lower jaw:  Large oval
Eyes and teeth:  Small Oval and retired Slit punch
Nostrils:  Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack
Points on head and back:  Star Punch
Sentiment:  Scallop Circle Punch
"Thought" dots:  Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.
The sentiment is from the Gratefu Greetings stamp set.

He was really pretty easy to make.  I hope Dillon likes him when he gets him!!  And I hope my customers like him when we make him!
Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.