Monday, March 28, 2011

Sweet Summer---were will you go?

This card uses the Sale-a-bration (SAB) set, Sweet Summer, and I am sure going to miss it when it's gone!!  Stampin' Up! has told us that SAB sets will never make it into the big catalog, so I know we are loosing this one at the end of March.  I just LOVE it and have enjoyed using it on my cards!! I'll keep using it, but hate that I cannot interest others in buying it.

For this card, I used Concord Crush, one of the In Colors this year.  I have a strip of Lap of Luxury designer paper on the front, and since it uses Pretty In Pink in the designer paper, I used it as another color on the card.

Can you tell the card is not as wide as a normal card?  Well, I cut 3/4" off the right side of the card, so allow the Top Note to hang over.  If you do this, be sure to measure and don't let it extend beyond 4-1/4" so it will still fit into your envelope.

I stamped the branch and flowers in Concord.  I colored the flowers with the Pretty in Pink marker and the leaves with the Always Artichoke marker.
 I wanted to highlight the oval.  That oval is from our Ovals #2 die.  You KNOW we don't have a scalloped oval to layer under it, right?  Well, I punched two Concord scalloped circles using the 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Extra-large Punch.  One of those I cut in half and mounted at the top and bottom in the back of the oval.  The other scallop circle, I cut in half and the took 3 scallops from each half and mounted that between the top and bottom scallop circle.  It fits perfectly and LOOKS like a layered solid scallop oval!  Love it!!
Those little flowers on the side of the Top Note are the Bitty Buttons, with Pretty in Pink layered behind them.  And the sentiment, "You make life sweeter!" is a stamp I had SU make for me.  I love how you can have personalized stamps made with the sentiment of your choice.  I've had several made recently.

Thanks for visiting today!! Hope to see you again soon!!  Smiles, Laura

2 comments:

  1. Laura-

    I love this color combo you have used here! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring to create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, this color combo is just beautiful and I love the way you used that set. I think that is a set from SAB that I will be hanging onto for a long time. It is so fun and happy! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.