Sunday, August 21, 2011

A card for Linda....

Recently my BFF Linda moved to Chapel Hill.  This was while I was going through all the health issues with hubby, so I really didn't get to spend any last days with her nor get to attend a dinner our church had for her and her husband, both great friends of ours.   But I did take a moment to make Linda this card.   
 I love the colors, Cherry Cobbler and white.  This little heart border punch is by Martha Steward and I like it for cards "of the heart".  This sentiment on the front is from the new Blessings from Heaven set.  I liked it for my front of the card.
 Here are the hearts.  I punched some from the Cherry Cobler paper and sponged the edges.  The others I punched from the Red sparkling paper.  I strung them all onto bakers twine, to look like they are hanging on a line.
 Another shot of the hearts.
 Inside, I used this sentiment from the Friendly Words jumbo wheel.  I think I've told you before I bought a second wheel, peeled off the rubber,  and cut it into different stamps so I could use the words in and on my cards.
I thought this sentiment inside was perfect for Linda.  I hope we each have time to stay in touch!!  I'll sure miss her here!
Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.