Friday, August 19, 2011

French Foliage...

The card I have for you today uses the French Foliage stampset.  The card is Always Artichoke, layered with Riding Hood Red and More Mustard on top of that.  I used some striped designer paper with these colors (not Stampin' Up! designer paper). (Sorry the lighting isn't really great on these pictures; I took them in the dimmed hospital room on hubby's bed.)
 Here is a close-up shot of the circles at the bottom of the front.  I punched 3/4" circles out of the mustard cardstock.  I layered that onto Artichoke cardstock and punched holes from it using the 1/2" circle punch.  Then I glued the striped paper behind both and layered it all onto Riding Hood Red.
Look at the leaf.  I punched the circle out using a 2-1/4" die.  Onto that I stamped the French words in this set using Olive ink.  Then I stamped the leaf over that with More Mustard.  I sponged the edges using Riding Hood Red.
 I stacked the circle with the leaf onto a circle cut from the striped paper and another cut from Artichoke.  I put dimensionals in between each layer to make them really show up.
Other layers of this card front have sponging, too, because it gives it depth and makes for a better card, I think.

I hope you like this one.  It was just a fun play on circles!  Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.