Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Summer Ice Cream!

Wouldn't a cone of ice cream be great on a hot summer day like today!!  I like to show my customers several ways to use each punch, so for this sample, we used the Petite Pennants Builder punch for the cone.  I stamped it first using Espresso ink on Crumb Cake CS using the Pennant Parade stamp set.  I punched the "scoops" of ice cream using the Cupcake Builder punch.  I used the top of the cupcake image for the "scoop".  That particular one looks like clouds in the sky, too.  So many ways to use that punch, also.
Here is a close-up of those scoops.   They are popped up from the card using dimensionals.  Notice I sponged around the end of the scoops to give it dimension, too.  For the cherry, I punched one cherry from Real Red CS and one from Wild Wasabi CS.  I but the stem off the red cherry and glued it over the green cherry.  Great way to attach them.  This circle the cone is on was punched using the 2-1/2" circle punch.  I sponged it's edges, also.
 The sentiment on this card is from the You're Cherished set.  I like it saying, "You're sweet."  I'll be using this stamp alot!
The designer paper on this card is from the Just Add Cake series.  I used the Baja Breeze seam binding ribbon for this one, too.

Thanks for coming by today.  Have a good one!!
Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.