Thursday, August 18, 2011

Zoo Review...

Hi!  It's so good to be back to my blog again this week.  I hope to make it a regular thing now.  Things are mucb better at our house.  My husband is home from the hospital and starting to feel more like himself.  He has some residual vision problems and is weak from so many days in the hospital and bed, but he is improving each day.  Praise the Lord!! And thanks all of you who have sent well wishes our way and lifted up prayers for us.  We are still having to give him medication every 4 hours around the clock, but this will pass.  We are just glad to be home and getting back to normal.  I've even gotten to stamp some! 

The sample I'm sharing today is one my friend Judy and I made the day before Frank's hemorrhage.  I just didn't get to share it with you!  This one uses the Zoo Review set.  I love all the animals in this one and can't wait to play with them.

I used Soft Suede for this card, layered with Basic Black cardstock.  The designer paper is not from Stampin' Up.   I stamped the giraffe on white cardstock I had cut with a Spellbinder die and layered that onto a black one that was one size larger.  If left the white paper in the die and sponged around it with mustard ink to give it a little more of a Serengeti look.  I colored the giraffe with my mustard marker and the spots with the Chocolate Chip marker.
 These leaves are from the French Foliage set.  I love to use that set in the fall---and yes, it is about fall.  I stamped one leaf on Mustard cardstock using Soft Suede ink.  I stamped the other two on white cardstock, using Black ink and sponged mustard over them.  I kind of like how they turned out in those colors.  I attached them to the card using linen thread.
                                    

I think this would be a great card for a man.  Judy kidded me because I kept asking what "words" will we put on the front.  She is fine with no sentiment on the front of a card, so I left it blank.  Oh, well, all the sentiment is inside.  Ha!   Thanks for stopping by today!! See you again!! Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, thanks so much for sharing and giving ideas. And, you are right, there doesn't need to be words on the front.
    hugs and Prayers,
    Inkyhive

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.