Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Devil Made Me Do it!

OK, that title got your attention, right?  Today I am sharing the Halloween card I sent to my friend Regina and my sister Connie and my SIL Mary Ann.  I think they will all like it!!

I had seen a little devil on Ellen Kemper's blog a year or so ago (she's in a punch art "slump" right now while doing some house renovations) and knew I wanted to try one.  I don't remember if hers had a body or not.  I did see another devil on a couple of other blogs this year and theirs did not have a body.  Mine does.
I punched the head using the Owl Builder punch and added the wings from the Bird Builder punch for the ears.  One blossom from the Blossom Petals Builder punch makes the beard.  The nose is the 1/2" circle punch.  The 1/2" circle punch also made the white horns.  I just free-hand cut the body.  I sponged the red pieces to add depth.
Here is the sentiment---from the Delightful Dozen set.  I added a Silver Glimmer cardstock strip to the center of the card.  I think that shine adds alot.
It's fun every year to come up with some new punch art for cards.  I love punch art!!

Visit me often!! Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.