Sunday, October 23, 2011

NCSUD Blog Hop

Welcome to my blog as the next stop on the NCSUD Holiday Hop. You arrived here from Kathy Hunt's blog.   I hope you are enjoying the hop and see some things today that inspire you. 
The stamp set I'm using today from the Holiday Mini is Gentle Falling.  This is a wonderful set for beautiful fall and Thanksgiving cards.  This first card has the outlines of the oak leaf stamped in three colors on the background in three colors--Perfect Plum, More Mustard, and Old Olive.  On the three panels on the front, I stamped the outlines in black and then the solid leaves stamped in the three colors.  The ribbon on this one is the interesting part.  I used the Black and White striped ribbon and colored the white stripes in the three colors--mustard, plum and olive--using my markers.  I love the fact that this black and white ribbon can be any color you want by using the markers to color it.
My second card is made from Cajun Craze, layered with white and More Mustard.  I stamped the leaves--the oak and maple--in Early Espresso and then over stamped them with the solid images in Perfect Plum, Cajun Craze, and More Mustard.
 This card was one I made for a swap I participated in recently.  It, too, has three panels.  This card is Soft Suede and uses Pool Party behind one of the designer sheets from the Spice Cake pack.  That is wonderful designer paper.  These leaves are stamped in Suede on Pool Party and More Mustard cardstock.  The sentiment is from the Always Thankful stamp set, also in the Holiday Mini.
                                           
 Here is a close-up of the leaves and ribbon. 
My sisters and I are giving a shower for our nephew's bride-to-be this weekend, and I worked on the invitations.  We wanted a fall theme, so I decided to layout the invitations on my computer and to stamp each one with the outline leaves of the smallest leaf in the Gently Falling set.  Don't you think the leaf made a nice border at the top and bottom of this invitation?  The bride was very pleased with them.
This next one has a Tangerine Tango card , layered with Crumb Cake that I ran through the Square Lattice embossing folder.    I stamped leaves in Tangerine, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive on white card stock.  I punched out shapes with the Curly Label punch and glued them behind the white to make a border of Old Olive.  Then I wrapped Hemp Twine around the white.
And one more share:
I have used this "funky fold" layout before. (You'll find it with instructions on how to cut it on my entry on Feb. 23, 2011.  You will have to convert it from a portrait card to a landscape layout but the concept is the same.)  This sample also used the Spice Cake designer paper.  These three leaves were "left over" from the sample I made above so I had to use them.  Ha.  I used the oval Designer Frames embossing folder in Pool Party and cut it out.  Then I stamped the sentiment on vanilla and punched it with the Wide Oval Punch or layer on the frame.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing the samples I made with this very versatile stamp set.  Thanks for visiting today.  Now, hop on over to the next stop on the hop at  Lisa Tedder's blog.
Smiles, Laura

PREVIOUS BLOG                                                                                           NEXT BLOG

3 comments:

  1. I am going to use that ribbon coloring tip! What great projects you came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the projects you made. The colors are just perfect for fall. TFS

    Babe
    youiesmom@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this set and your cards. Coloring the stripes in the ribbon is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.