Monday, October 24, 2011

We have a new baby in our family....

I made this card over a month ago in anticipation of my nephew and his wife having their baby boy.  Well, Elias Ryan arrived last Tuesday and I mailed the card, so now I can share it on my blog.  (Yes, my family reads my blog so I couldn't post it until Elias arrived.)  I did show it on some of the yahoo groups I'm in and at least one person has already CASE'd it and posted it on her blog with a link to mine, so I figured I'd better get it up!!

The little chest of drawers is Bashful Blue and is made from a 4.5" x 11" piece of cardstock that I folded so it would stand up.  I cut it down some so with the "top" on it , it would fit an envelope.  I sponged all the edges of the pieces to give it "dimension".  And I popped up the second drawer with the duckie and bear spilling out so it would look like someone left it open a bit.  Cute!!

To cut out the bottom of the chest to make the legs, I used the Curly Label punch, punching twice.  I also used that same punch to get the shape on the top of the check.   The knobs are made from Marina Mist, punched with the 1/4" circle punch. 

I used the Baby Bundle stamp set for the bib, duckie, bear, and onesie.
 Here is the inside.  I used some retired stamps here but that's OK.
I also wanted to send my sister (the new grandmother) a card and here is the one I made for her and my BIL.  It also is Bashful Blue.  The baby is punch art.  If you even see the heading of my blog, you KNOW I love punch art. 
                                   
 Here is a close-up of the baby.  (Ed.note:  Just found out that Ellen Kemper originally created this baby.  I've seen him on many blogs since.  Thanks, Ellen.)  Can you see that little curl at the top of his head?  Elias is much smaller, but it won't be long before he crawls.
 And here is the sentiment on the front of this one.

I got to personally meet baby Elias today and he's is BEAUTIFUL!!! My nephew was quite proud of him, and rightly so. My sister Cynthia (the grandmother) was so cute holding her first grandchild.  She just doesn't know how her heart will never be hers again!!  There's just something about those grandchildren, as she will learn.

Thanks for looking at these baby cards today.  I had fun making them and anticipating this new life!! We'll all enjoy him!!
Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.