Saturday, January 7, 2012

Merry January....

Back in November, I discovered some delightful paper at the local scrapbook store by We R Memory Keepers in the Merry January series.  I just LOVED all of it.  And since my birthday is in January, I decided I NEEDED some of the Merry January papers to use.  It goes with Stampin' Up! Pool Party, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake and others.  I just had to buy sheets of each pattern in the series--Twig, Branch, Slush, Flake, etc.  I'll be showing you cards in the next few entries that I made using this paper.  I had so much fun using it.  

Along with the Merry January papers, I also started using some of  the new products I pre-ordered from the SU Occasions mini catalog.  We can all start ordering from it this month.

This card is Pool Party card stock and I used the new Label Collection Framelits Die for the sentiment background.  The dotted patterned paper is the flip side of the Merry January "FLAKE" paper.  It goes with our black cardstock, so that's what I backed it with.  I stamped the sentiment from the You're Cherished set.  I only had one piece of the curly striped paper and no long have the name of it but it is from the Merry January series.  Love the colors in it.
The flower is the Triple Treat Flower Single stamp and I stamped it twice, once on designer paper and one on Sahara Sand.  I popped up the layers of the flower.  The Sand backing behind the flower is also cut with the Labels Collection Framelit---a smaller one.  And I punched out a Modern Label from black cardstock to go with the image.
This was a fun card and a layout I'm using again on another card.  Thanks for looking today!!  See you here again soon, I hope!   Smiles, Laura

2 comments:

  1. WOW, love that triple flower stamp, I hadn't really looked at it before. Great colors and love those dp's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, I love those blue pearls--so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.