Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valetine Day is almost here....

Well, Valentines Day is almost here!  I still have some Valentines to get in the mail tomorrow, but most of mine have been sent to out-of-town folks.  I always send my three sisters cards on every occasion.  They enjoy my work and seem to appreciate getting the cards.  I think they all keep them, but my youngest sister Cynthia always puts out all her cards I've sent her for the particular occasion---like part of her decorations.  I am flattered to the heart that she would save them and then display them all each year.  Last summer I saw all her Fourth of July cards she had out and gee, it was very telling which were my first cards and which are my recent ones.  Like anything that you practice at, I've improved over the years.  It's not different whether or not your are playing golf, sewing and quilting, baking or making cards---we all improve with practice.  

 Today Cynthia sent me two pictures of the Valentines I've sent her over the years. I thought it would be fun to show them to you.  Since there are several in each picture, it's hard to see them really good, but you can get the idea.  Here is one table with some of them.
 And here are others on another table.
                                      
Some of these I had truly forgotten and can hardly remember.  I sure appreciate the fact that my sisters enjoy my hobby like this!  Maybe I'll pull out some of my samples and use them myself to decorate my space! 

Thanks for stopping by!  Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

  1. This is Cynthia, and I can tell you, the pictures do not do these beautiful cards justice! They are all unique and I treasure them all! I always look forward to seeing what Laura can come up with next! Her creativeness never ceases to amaze me and she is so generous to share it with each of us on so many special occasions! LOVE on VALENTINES's DAY!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.