Sunday, March 11, 2012

Simply Soft....

Today I am featuring a guest designer, my friend Rose Kerry.  Rose does beautiful work and I asked her if I could share this lovely card she made recently for a swap I hosted.  Look at these beautiful colors!   Rose used Island Indigo for the card and layered it with Lucky Limeade.  Rose was nice enough to provide us with a supply list (see at the end of this entry.)
 Here is a side view.  Rose used the Simply Soft hostess set for the image and the sentiment is from the Loving Thoughts stampset.  The photo above shows the sheen on the flowers.  Rose used Crystal Effects on those flowers to make them stand out.  What a small addition to a card but what a HUGE impact it makes.  I want to remember that trick!
We all call Rose the "Brad Queen" because she always uses so many brads on her cards. It's these special touches that  make her cards such a stand-out!  Big thanks to Rose for providing this LOVELY card for me to share with you today!!
Smiles Laura

Supplies:
Simply Soft hostess set #122565
Loving Thoughts #125843 Occasions Mini

Take it to Heart #125520 Occasions Mini


Old Olive Ink #102277


Cardstock:
Whisper White
Blushing Bride
Lucky Limeade
Island Indigo


In Color DSP2010-12 #117158
Twitterpated DSP #125406 Occasions Mini


For coloring:
Blushing Bride reinker #119676
Regal Rose reinker #105223
Old Olive reinker #100531
Aqua Painter #103954


3/8" Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon #122977
Regals brads #119737
2 1/2" Punch #120906
3" die #122125
Scalloped Circle #2 #113469
Crystal Effects #101055

2 comments:

  1. Oh Laura you flatter me with your high praise. I do love the colors on this card and am so glad I added the crystal effects to make those pink flowers pop, don't know what possessed me!!! Thanks for making me a "guest designer" don't get that very often. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so soft and pretty, love it!

    I have awarded you with the Liebster Blog Award on my blog here:

    http://maryscraftroom.blogspot.com/2012/03/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.