Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter, Happy Spring....

I hope you all had a beautiful Easter.  We did.  Our church sanctuary was decorated with flowers all around the altar making it a lovelier-than-normal place to worship. 
We always decorate a bare cross with flowers making something ugly into something beautiful.  After the service, we take it outside to the lawn where all passing by can see its beauty.  It was a very moving day for us!

Today I want to share two "men's" cards with you.  The first uses the herringbone technique (which I've shown you before). I used the Well Worn designer paper for this one.  My previous herringbone had a flower on it, but since this one was for a man, I decided to use the leaves from the Gently Falling set.  And it was a "thank you" card, so I used the sentiment from Day of Gratitude.  The strips for the herringbone are cut 3/8" wide. Believe me, this is a fun technique to make and you can use ANY colors for your card!

     I had a lot of strips of designer paper left over, so I made this small card for another male friend to whom I wanted to send get well wishes.  The card itself is made from Not Quite Navy (like the one above), with the front layered onto Cajun Craze.  I cut the card 5.5" x 6" and folded it to 5.5" x 3".  This is a great size and still fits into our #2 envelopes.  Rather than using a herringbone layout, I just layered strips of designer paper across the card, diagonally, alternating the four patterns.  I left the bottom the plain Soft Suede.  I stamped the sentiment from Sincere Salutations onto vanilla cardstock cut with the Wide Oval Punch.  I backed that with Cajun cut with the Decorative Label Punch and put Not Quite Navy punched with the Curvy Label punch behind that.  This is a quick card to make and yet it will please the man who receives it.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Have a wonderful week and come back soon.  Smiles, Laura



1 comment:

  1. Love your cards. Also love the tradition of "flowering the cross". My daughter's church when she lived in FLA and VA did this. I have not seen it done much up here in the MA area. Glad you had a Blessed Easter. Don't know anything about URL etc. so publishing this as anon.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.