Sunday, April 1, 2012

Neutrals challenge....

Recently I participated in a challenge with one of my yahoo groups where we had to make a card using only colors from Stampin' Up! Neutrals collection.  Here is the card I made for my challenge partner.  I used the Neutrals Patterns Collection in some of its colors.  You cannot tell from this shot (because it is laying on my counter) but the card is Soft Suede with a Very Vanilla layer on front.  I used white embossing powder to stamp and emboss the Mixed Bunch flower onto vanilla card stock.  Then I punched it out with the Blossoms punch and smudged it with Crumb Cake ink--inside the petals and around the edges.  Can you see the pearls I put on the dots in the center of the flower?  The sentiment is from the Sale-e-bration Elementary Elegance stamp set.  I hope my partner liked it!
 Here is the same card, photographed on a white background and without the pearls.  I think the pearls add to that flower, but it's OK without them, too.
This is the challenge card I received from Rhonda Sands.  She did a wonderful job and added pearls to hers, too.
My friend Rose Kerry also participated (she had another partner) but she graciously shared her card with me, too.   I love her layout!  I can't believe those beautiful flowers she made.  They even made it through the mail to me without getting scrunched.
 Here is the inside of Rose's card.  She always goes the extra "mile" to decorate her inside.  What a treat to receive TWO cards from this challenge!  Thanks, ladies!!
Stop in again to see what's doing.  Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.