Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bragging time....

OK, it's time to brag on my two wonderful grandchildren.  You will just have to bear with me!  Dillon is 14 and Jessica is 11.  I'm so proud that they both are wonderful Christians and love their church and activities there.  They have both been on mission trips with their church this summer and both are really high from their trips.  Dillon went to New York City and his group won 293 or more people to Christ.  Dillon personally knows he led 10 or so and what a great feeling!

Jessica and her mother recently returned from Alaska, where they worked with the native Alaskans during the salmon run.  They were very busy and very gratified with their work with the Alaskan people.  And they got to see some beautiful countryside, too.

While Jessica and her mother were gone, Dillon and his grandfather went camping, so I decided to make him a camping card using the new The Great Outdoors stamp set--just to welcome him back home.  Here is his card.  I used retired designer paper to paper piece the folding chair and tent.  I colored in the campfire, and added just a smudge of color to the sky and ground.  I hope Dillon liked his card!
 Jessica has cats at home and I know she missed them while away.  So I made her this Hello Kitty card, which I cased from one I saw on Pinterest.  (I wish I had captured the name of the original creator.)  I know Jessica liked it--and getting back to her kitties!
Thanks for allowing me to brag!  I just wish I got to see my grandchildren more often, but try to stay in touch with cards occasionally.
Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.