Monday, July 30, 2012

Christmas cards already....

Yes, it's hard to believe it is time to start thinking about making Christmas cards, but if you have a lot to send, now is the time to start making them.  I try to teach one Christmas card a month in my July - Sept. classes, to start giving my ladies ideas.

Here is a card we made this month.  It used Cherry Cobbler and the new Gumball Green colors.  The designer paper is from the Be of Good Cheer series.  

I stamped the flowers from the Christmas Blessing set using Gumball Green ink and then colored in the flower itself using Cherry Cobbler.   The sentiment from that same set.  It is stamped in the Cherry Cobbler ink.
I added shots of this twice because one is brighter, but without the glitter on the flower.
 
 After the flower dried, I decided to add some sparkle using the Cherry Cobbler and Dazzling Details  Glitter Adhesive. Doesn't it give the flower and its center a nice look.  You cannot see it too well in this picture, but I also dotted some of the Cherry glitter on the "sparkles" that are printed on the designer paper.
The ribbon I added is the new 3/8" stitched satin ribbon.  I LOVE how it lays down so well and adds so much to a card.

Oh, and the shape I used on the front for the designer paper and its backing is one I just cut freehand.

I hope this inspires you to get started on YOUR Christmas cards!!
Come again soon.  Smiles, Laura

2 comments:

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.