Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Fall and Christmas....

My topic today is "Fall and Christmas" because I wanted to show you a card I made recently.  My class made it and said this would also be a fun layout for a Christmas card.  So I came home and made another one, only with a Christmas theme.

This first one is sort of fall-ish---or for any time.  Here is the front of it.
                                                     

The starfruit lacy circle is cut using the Delicate Doilies Sizzlit L die and is layered on the Island Indigo circle.Elegant Butterfly Punch.

So here is the inside of the card.  


To make it, start with 8.5” x 8.5” card stock.  Score 2-1/8” from all 4 sides.  Cut out all 4 corners then fold sides in to make square.  Face the front of the sides with DSP of your choice.

I used the following supplies on this card.
Stamp set: Thoughts and Prayers, Papillon Potpourri, Blessings from Heaven (inside)
CS:  Island Indigo, Summer Starfruit, Whisper White
Ink:  Island Indigo, Cajun Craze
Accessories: Comfort Café DSP, Delicate Doilies Sizzlit L Die, 3” Circle Originals, 2” circle die (non-SU), 


So here is the Christmas one I made.  For the front I used largest die from the Holiday Ornaments set with Lucky Limeade card stock.  I used Cherry card stock to punch using the Ornament punch.  Then I layered a circle punched from the Silver Glimmer paper.  I stamped a design from the Circles Circus stamp set, colored it in, and punched it with a smaller circle.  "Happy Christmas" is from the More Merry Messages set.

Here is the inside of the Christmas sample:  The ornament is from the Ornament Keepsakes set and the sentiment is from the More Merry Messages set.
 The designer paper used on this card is from the Snow Festival series.
So you can see we can use this layout to make many types of cards.  I love finding a fun fold that I can use many ways.

Stop by to see me often.  And remember I'd LOVE to get comments on my blog from you!!
Smiles, Laura

4 comments:

  1. Hello, Laura -
    I don't leave a comment every time I receive an eMail from you, but I thought I would today and let you know that I DO appreciate receiving and reading them and seeing your projects! I like learning new hints and styles of cards - like today's! - and just thought I'd take a quick moment to tell you so - ;-} Thank You!
    Lynden
    http://aneleganttouch-lynden.blogspot.com

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/An-Elegant-Touch-/162889457132788

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynden, for visiting my blog and leaving comments for me. I'm glad these cards inspire you!! I have changed the way my entries come into your inbox to hopefully encourage you to visit my blog, so you can leave more messages. Give me feedback and let me know if it's a drag the new way, OK? Thanks!
      Smiles, Laura

      Delete
  2. Superb!!! Thanks for the effort and also thanks for sharing.

    Regards,
    Quotes About Moving On

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lynden and Salman, for visiting my blog and leaving comments for me. I'm glad these cards inspire you!! Lynden, I have changed the way my entries come into your inbox to hopefully encourage you to visit my blog, so you can leave more messages. Give me feedback and let me know if it's a drag the new way, OK? Thanks!
    Smiles, Laura

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.