Saturday, November 24, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving, a couple of days late...

I missed getting this posted before Thanksgiving, but I did want to share it and wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving weekend.

This is the altar display that I arranged at our church last Sunday.  It was in gratitude for the bountiful harvest we have had this year.   I do a display like this every other year, but many of our congregation wish I did it each year.  In this shot, you can see the table and also the basket of pumpkins and gourds on the floor under it.
 Here is a close-up of the table.  Friend Marion Smith helped me with it this year.  Yes, we had a big "spread" but then there are so many things I just feel I have to add.
The Bible in this one was my mother's---she died in 1981.  She carried this Bible every Sunday and made notes all through it of the sermons being preached. The shawl under the display was also my mother's.  My husband Frank turned the blue pot that holds the rye and millet stems and he turned the two candle sticks.  The wooden bowl on the right was turned for us by a now deceased friend.  I included lots of canned goods Frank and I put up.  So the table is very touching for me, with the memories of my blessings that it hold for me.

I hope you all had a wonderful family time on Thanksgiving and that you survived the Black Friday shopping!  I'll share stamping samples later.....
Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

  1. Such a blessing laden symbolic tabletop, Laura. Sharing your story makes the blog entry and your cherished memories the more glistening. This is a postcard Kodak moment! Keep Looking UP!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.