Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hoedown Scarecrow....

Our church recently planned a chili supper to invite the public in to enjoy free food, fellowship and fun and to get to know our church members better.  We had a local band come and play bluegrass music, had games, pumpkin decorating, etc.  We decided to call this a Harvest Hoedown and decorated with corn shocks, bales of hay, bandannas on the tables, etc.  What a fun occasion.  I needed to decorate a bulletin board at church advertising the supper, so I had seen this scarecrow made using the top note Pinterest and decided he'd be perfect for the bulletin board.  In fact, I made 6 of them, all with different hats.  I think they turned out so cute. 


They were such a hit that I decided to have my class make some, too, only they'd be a fall CARD rather than just a scarecrow face. 
For those, we cut the Naturals Ivory cardstock 4-1/4" x 11" and folded it in half.  We positioned the fold at the top and laid that just inside of the top of the Top Note Die, so that the folded part would not be cut.  That made the card.  We cut the TOP of the hat by laying a piece of designer paper at the top of the Top Note and cutting it out.  The brim of the hat was made by laying a piece of designer paper on the LONG side of the Top Note die and cutting.  The nose is punched using the Petite Pennant Builder punch.  I had some raffia on hand that we used for the hair.  And of course for the bird, we used the Bird Builder punch. 

For this fellow, I put a BLACK bird on it, because of course scarecrows are mostly used to keep blackbirds away from one's garden!  Ha!

Aren't these the cutest!  I'm so glad I saw that first one on Pinterest! Great idea for a hoedown bulletin board and for a card!!
Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

  1. Goodness Laura, these are adorable, great job! Thanks for the how- tos in your description.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.