Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Bold Snowflake...

Stampin' Up! recently offered the opportunity to purchase single stamps.  This Bold Snowflake was one of the stamps offered and that I bought.  I have had fun playing with it.  I made this card for a challenge.  I stamped the image using Versamark ink on Baja Breeze cardstock, embossed it using white embossing powder and punched it out using the Blossom punch.  

For the background, I stamped the snowflakes from Snow Swirled in white onto Baja Breeze cardstock.  After I added the punched snowflakes using dimensionals, I used Dazzling Details to dot the center of the snowflakes on the background,  and to add some random dots of the Detail.  I also  used the Detail on the center of the popped-up flakes and spread some on the tips of each flake.  The pictures doesn't do it justice, as they say.
Here is a close-up of the card.

 I made the same card, but without punching out the snowflakes.  I just embossed them directly onto the Baja Breeze cardstock.  I think I like this one equally well.  What do you think?  Either one is a nice winter card!


Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Smiles, Laura

1 comment:

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.