Friday, December 21, 2012

Santa card....

I saw this card and this Santa on Pinterest and just loved him.  (I've had him made for weeks, waiting to send  to my sisters and then post him here.  Since I made him, I have seen him all over the place on blogs, Pinterest, everywhere.  Sorry I don't know who to credit with the original creation.  The copy I saved did not have a watermark, nor name.) The original one I saw was made on a red card/background and I think the creator used a little different punches for the mustache, but basically I copied this idea.  But he was SO CUTE that I had to make one each for my 3 sisters!  I know they will love him, too!

Here is the card closed--the front.
 Here is the card opened up:
I have given instructions before for making this card layout, just with different images on front.  But here they are again.  You start with a 5-1/2" x 12" piece of designer paper.  Score it at 2", 4", 8" and 10" on the long edge.  Mark the right and left sides at 2-3/4" from the bottom.  Cut from the 4" score line to that mark on the left and from the 8" score line to that mark on the right.  Glue the two pieces cut of to the bottoms of the opposite sides.  Fold.

Here is a close-up of Santa's face.  I cut the pink face using the Labels Collection Die.  I also cut a red and a white piece using the same die.  I cut off part of the red one for the hat and part of the white one for the beard.  I used one of the petals from the Blossom Petal Builder punch for the mustache.  I ran those pieces and the white part of the beard through the Big Shot using the Manhattan Flower embossing folder first, THEN glued them on.
I hope my sisters like this one!! I just love the card and face.  Hope you like him, too.
Smiles, Laura

2 comments:

  1. Love it, love it, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Santa Card is adorable!! I love that you did it with punches and framelits. Thank you for sharing your directions...very nice of you!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.