Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Mini Take-Out Box....

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Easter!  We sure did.  Here are a couple of pictures from our church.  One was taken after the Maundy Thursday service when we stripped the sanctuary of everything, signifying Jesus' impending crucifixation.  The other is of our sanctuary on Easter morning when we celebrated Christ's resurrection!  What a difference a few days make!!

This is such a beautiful season!!

Back in January, I saw this cute little mini take-out box made with the Peal Cone Die on Dawn Olchefske's blog and knew I HAD to buy the die and make one. Hers was made from crumb cake and decorated for Valentines.  I wanted to make a spring-like one that could be used for Easter favors or candy.
  Here is how mine turned out.  This is a view of the top. 

I used the Delicate Doilies Sizzlit to cut the white for the top---to look sort of like a mussie-tussie (I hope I am remembering that name correctly). 

I stamped the same flower from the Secret Garden set in Regal Rose, Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango.  Thankfully, there is a coordinating die to cut them out.  I also stamped the leaves from that same set using Wild Wasabi and also used the die to cut it.  

OK, now to making the box.  You cut two of the petal cone shapes from 2 pcs. of CS (5-1/2” x 6”).  Fold in half down the center score line. Match up top score line (below the circular cut) on 2” mark on cutter and score.  Move that scored line to 3” mark on the cutter and cut the end off.  Cut from the bottom up to score line on both pieces.  Add sticky strips on both  bottoms on one piece and on side tabs of both pieces for closing.  Fold up.  Add ribbon for tie/handle.  If that confuses you, go to Dawn's blog to view her video for making the box.  Here is a link to her blog: 
 Here is a view from the side.  I stamped the sides with a SAB stamp that is now retired, but any flower stamp on the sides would work nicely.
I hope you like this little box and will try one!  It's a perfect size for some M&M candy, for some of those bite-size candies in your favor brand, or even for a necklace of pair of earrings as a gift.

Thanks for stopping in today!!  Come back often.
Smiles, Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.