Saturday, June 29, 2013

Honeycomb Card....


I saw this card by Kim Singdahisen on Pinterest and loved it---but I felt it was missing something.  A bee, right!  We just happen to have a new bee in the Backyard Basics stamp set by Stampin' Up! so I wanted to make Kim's card but with a couple of changes.
Here is the card I made.  I used Basic Black and Crushed Curry for my cardstock, so it's a bit darker than Kim's.  (Or maybe her lighting is better than mine.)  I punched hexagons out of black, white and curry to go on my front.  I used the Six Sided Sampler stamp set for the sentiment.
I decided the black ones needed to be embossed with the Honeycomb embossing folder.  (Kim has circles on hers.)  I liked how those looked.  Here is a shot I had to put some light on so you could see the impressions on the black.
 The little bee was stamped in black and colored using the new Smoky Slate marker and the Crushed Curry re-inker and my aqua painter.  I cut the bee out using the Backyard Basics framelit set.  I love the bee on here!

 I have so many more ideas for using the Hexagon punch and stamp set.  You'll be seeing more...
Smiles, Laura





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.