Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Hello to you....


Well, I cannot believe I've been away from my blog and you for 2 months!! Where does time go?  Since I wrote last, I've been on two week-long trips with family.  First in September my 3 sisters and I went on a trip to the mid-west with my dad.  He's 93 and wanted us to do this trip together.  It's the first time we girls have been on a trip with him since we were little girls, all at the same time.  Our husbands stayed home (Becky took her friend Dick) so it was just the 6 of us.  We had a great time. We rode on 4 different riverboats on the Mississippi and Ohio rivers, went up into the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, and just generally ate too much and had too much fun!!   Here are some shots of us girls:
Looking out the windows at the top of the Gateway Arch:
 In a front-end loader bucket at the John Deere Pavilion:
In a former train station coverted to shops and restaurants (I forget which town):
On one of our riverboat cruises:
Can you tell what a great time we had!  I don't know if we'll ever get to do this again, but we sure enjoyed the time together.

In October, Dad had asked me to go on another trip with him to New England.  We traveled through 16 states on this trip and, if it was possible, I enjoyed it more than our riverboat trip!  Dad is so easy to travel with!  We saw beautiful leaves in upstate NY, Vermont, New Hampshire, gorgeous gardens at Longwood Gardens in PA, and had fun!
Dad and I at Longwood Gardens in PA:
At Portland Head Lighthouse:
On Cannon Mountain in NH:
 Friends Diane and Ernie Cantrell with Dad on Cannon Mountain:
 Dad with the organ keyboard in the West Point Chapel:
Doesn't my dad look GREAT for 93 years old!!  I hope I haven't bored you with these pictures.  Just wanted to share where I've been and what I've been doing since I wrote last.

OK, you've waited for a sample, so here is today's sample:

This is a card we made this month in class.  I used the Clockworks stamp set on it and the sentiment from Wetlands.  The card is made using Tangerine Tango card stock on Crumb Cake card stock.   I'm not sure if you can tell it, but I cut the middle out of the front Tangerine using the Labels Collection die, so that it interlocks over the Crumb Cake part. 

Here are two shots of how the card opens:

This would be a great card for a man--we are always looks for cards that are not so frilly for our men.

Thanks for stopping in today!!
Smiles, Laura

2 comments:

  1. Laura, enjoy that time you have with your Dad, it's to precious to lose! He does look good for 93, better watch out, he may snag a girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, thanks for posting our pictures on your blog! Daddy has a bunch of good-looking daughters, doesn't he?? Aren't WE the lucky ones to have HIM!!
    As usual, your cards are awesome! One can tell you are doing what you love!! Connie

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments you leave. If acceptable, they will be posted to by blog.